Wednesday, September 12, 2012


Dealing With Approach Anxiety....

Yes, it can be tough.  Especially when you're just starting out and you're trying to meet girls. That nervous feeling hits the pit of your stomach, and you begin talking yourself out of approaching.

  Here are a few things I've learned & often remind myself of, when I start getting Approach Anxiety. (These are helpful & humorous tips to snap me out of that state).

1: There is no perfect opener. Just to prove a point to myself I used "Dog Crap" to open a girl before... LOL! (Read that blog here)

2: It helps to warm up a bit, by just saying "Hello" to people for a short time before you start approaching. I just casually exchange pleasantries with random people before I go to a club or wherever I plan on meeting girls. Then, I'm used to talking to people & it lessens the anxiety.

3: As soon as I approach, the anxiety goes away. Even if it's been 2 minutes & I've already started to talk myself out of approaching by making excuses. But if I don't approach, the anxiety becomes stronger. 
  Once I realized that, it started making a huge difference. 
It's like jumping into a swimming pool; knowing that the water is going to be cold at first (or just assuming it will be) makes you hesitant of jumping in. 
  Then when you finally "take the plunge" you have nothing to be anxious about. And sometimes, you find out the water is perfect & it's exhilarating! Approaching is the same way & the effects are almost identical.

4: I know I've already been rejected plenty of times in the past, but I'm just fine. It hasn't hurt me in any way, so I really have nothing to be afraid of. So, I just have to remind myself of that & "jump in".

5: I owe it to the women to introduce myself to them, because after all, I AM the coolest Mo-Fo in the room! So, it would be selfish & unfair of me to deny them that opportunity! heehee!! 
  I think about all the other schmucks that are gonna be using cheesy pickup lines, & boring them with stupid questions all night. That means, they're going to be SOOOO glad that I chat them up when I do. 
  In fact, they WANT me to approach them. (Heehee!!)

6: Don't be "outcome dependent". Meaning- don't go out with the goal of picking up a girl; go out with the intention of just meeting & talking to a few of them. Have fun! The rest falls into place if you can just do that much. 

Once I start telling myself these things, I start laughing at myself.

And when I'm laughing my mood is elevated & I feel great. 

When I feel great, I project it through confident, relaxed, natural body language.
Then, it's totally game on!!






No comments:

Post a Comment